Effective date: November 1, 2023
1. Data Collection and Purpose of Processing
We collect personal data from our clients, employees, and users for the following purposes:
• Contact information: we may collect names, email addresses, phone numbers, and other contact details to communicate with clients and users.
• Employee information: we collect and process personal information essential for employment-
related activities, such as payroll, benefits administration, and performance evaluations.
• Marketing data: with appropriate consent, we may process personal data for marketing purposes, including promotional campaigns and newsletters.
2. Legal Basis for Processing
We ensure that the processing of personal data is justified based on the legal bases specified in Article 6 of the GDPR. These include:
• Consent: when necessary, we will obtain consent from individuals before processing their personal data.
• Contractual necessity: we may process personal data to fulfil contractual obligations with clients or employees.
• Legitimate interests: in certain cases, we may process personal data based on our legitimate business interests, provided they do not override the rights and freedoms of the individuals concerned.
3. Data Retention
We will retain personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws and regulations.
4. Data Security Measures
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. These measures include regular security assessments, employee training on data protection, and controlled access to personal data.
5. Data Subject Rights
We respect the rights of individuals regarding their personal data. Users, clients, and employees have the right to access, rectify, restrict, or erase their personal data, subject to certain limitations and legal requirements. To exercise these rights, individuals may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at Richard@thevillage.agency
6. Data Disclosure
We may disclose personal data to third parties only in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, or with the explicit consent of the data subjects, unless otherwise required by law.
7. International Data Transfers
If we transfer personal data outside the UK or EU, we ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect the privacy and security of personal data, including the use of standard contractual clauses or other suitable transfer mechanisms.
8. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
10. Contact Information