- Tullamore D.E.W is the second largest Irish whiskey in the world and is one of the fastest growing.
- ‘The Parting Glass’ film was developed to reinforce what the brand is about – the Irish character.
- On a conservative budget we needed to raise awareness of the film in core Global markets amongst the key target audience.
LIGHT BULB MOMENT
We knew that using digital channels we could cost effectively reach our target audience, allowing them to view and share the video to drive earned views. We could also optimise in real time, making sure we were making the best use of our budget.
Using YouTube skippable pre-roll we gave the audience choice of watching and only paid for actual views, tightly targeting to our audience’s passion points. We also made use of Facebook to drive not only views but also engagement. Partnering with a seeding partner also allowed us to utilise longer form content written by key influencers to drive quality views and engagement. We made use of different video lengths to ensure we could optimise towards maximum response.
- 2253,038 video views were achieved at an effective cost per view of only £0.12 against a benchmark of £0.30.
- Over 50K engagements were seen on Facebook including over 1.4K new page likes.
- 55,334 of the views were made within influential blogger articles written specifically about the film.
- The YouTube view rate exceeded benchmarks in all markets – the average cost per view achieved was as low as £0.04 in some markets.